Lync/Skype for Business for Leaders
Future Sessions:April 12, 2018
October 25, 2018
Registration will open shortly for these dates.
Many organizations are moving to Microsoft’s Lync or Skype for Business for online meetings and collaboration, but are having a hard time getting their project managers, leaders and teams to use it to its fullest.
Studies show that adoption and utilization rapidly increase when people are exposed to the tool by a live instructor, and are shown the tool used in a real work context. That’s where Lync For Leaders comes in.
This live, webinar workshop is approximately 90-120 minutes long. It is a small group experience – the class size is capped at 10 participants to allow maximum interaction and learning. Prework, consisting of a PDF packet of planning sheets and reference material, will help participants arrive focused and engaged and be able to apply lessons learned immediately back on the job.
This course is designed for Project Managers, team leaders and anyone needing to use Microsoft Lync as part of their daily work to present to, lead or collaborate with their teams, coworkers and customers.
Course ObjectivesIn this 2 hour live program, participants will learn:
- The three main challenges for leaders and managers when working together virtually
- Tips and best practices for using Lync in your daily work
- The features of Microsoft Lync that can support your goals Including:
- Meeting settings and options to maximize collaboration and effectiveness
- Desktop and application sharing- when and when not to use them
- Pre-loading, sharing and smoothly navigate content
- Annotation, text and sharing tools
- White boards
- Polling and survey tools
- Webcams and profiles to maximize team
- Maximizing input and participation
- Managing handouts and documents
Lync For Leaders is designed to help people learn to maximize Lync in their work environment. Studies show that people learn faster when using tools the same way they’ll be expected to use them every day. This program uses Microsoft Lync 2013 as our default platform. Our experienced instructors will help those with earlier versions of Lync get the most from the program to ensure maximum application , adoption and return on your investment.As added value to our learners, this course qualifies for “Class B” PDUs for members of the Project Management Institute, as well as Continuing Education credits for organizations such as SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) and others. Check with your accrediting body.
If you or your organization want to bring any of these courses on site to your organization – either as is or customized – contact us for more details.