Skype for Business for Leaders
Registration Fee: $349
Many organizations are moving or have already made the shift to using Skype for Business for online meetings and collaboration; but many are having a hard time getting their project managers, leaders and teams to use it to its fullest.
And it’s often because companies will roll out a tool, spend a very short amount of time explaining how the tool will work and then leaving them to their own devices. And unfortunately, this results in employees who either don’t use it at all, or more likely, use only a fraction of its capabilities. This means the organization doesn’t get a return on its investment, and people aren’t getting the advantages it was meant to bring them.
People need to understand the context of the tool. How does it apply to their work and what problems will it solve for them? They need to see it used in context, and compare it to their current experience. They need to practice and receive feedback when learning.
Studies show that adoption and utilization rapidly increase when people are exposed to the tool by a live instructor, and are shown the tool used in a real work context. That’s where Skype For Leaders comes in.
Skype For Leaders is designed to help people learn to maximize Skype in their work environment. This program uses Skype as our default platform and attendees will work with our experienced instructors to learn how to get the most from the program to ensure maximum application, adoption and return on investment.
Course ObjectivesAt the end of this program, participants will learn:
- The three main challenges for leaders and managers when working together virtually
- Tips and best practices for using Skype in your daily work
- The features of Skype that can support your goals Including:
- Meeting settings and options to maximize collaboration and effectiveness
- Desktop and application sharing- when and when not to use them
- Pre-loading, sharing and smoothly navigate content
- Annotation, text and sharing tools
- White boards
- Polling and survey tools
- Webcams and profiles to maximize team
- Maximizing input and participation
- Managing handouts and documents
This 2-hour webinar workshop is a small group experience – the class size is capped at 10 participants to allow maximum interaction and learning. Course includes copies of the course visuals and a PDF, re-printable, packet of planning tools and reference material that can be used to apply lessons learned immediately back on the job.If you or your organization want to bring this course on site to your organization - either as is or customized - contact us for more details.