The world is changing - and that means the complex role of a leader is changing too.
One of the biggest changes - and challenges that many leaders and organizations are facing is leading teams remotely.
Leading remote employees is now a fact of life. Over 80% of teams and 90% of projects have at least one member not physically located with the rest of the group. And a recent study from GlobalWorkplaceanalytics.com showed that the number of employees who telecommute more than one day per week increased over 79% from 2005 to 2012.
These facts, while compelling, only matter if you are someone leading others remotely. If you or others in your organization do, you owe it to yourself, your team and your organization to read on.
While the principles of effective leadership and team management haven’t changed, maintaining peak performance and keeping employees engaged when separated by miles, time zones and culture is a tall task for any manager or organization.
Remote Leaders Have Unique Challenges
Let’s be honest – leadership of others is already hard enough when they are down the hall or on the shop floor. When you add in the challenges of them being remote, it gets harder – and more stressful.
- How do we communicate successfully?
- How can we make meetings, that are already painful in person, work using technology? (and avoiding the conference call from he#%)
- How do we build the relationships and trust with the team – and help them do that between each other?
- How do we present ideas, change and more at a distance?
- How do we coach and give feedback successfully?
- How do we deal with the unknowns? After all, we can’t see what they are doing, how they are doing it and if they are ever working?
If you have ever struggled with even one of these questions, you know what we mean.
Leadership is hard ... doing it remotely is even harder.
But it is part of our job.
With the Right Skills, You Can Harness the Power of Your Remote Team
From communication...to performance management...to motivation...and more, as a remote leader, you’ve got to be prepared to stay connected, handle meetings and schedules and provide the support your staff expects and needs.
This isn’t just a leadership problem (some organizations are selling remote leadership training that is really just their normal training with the word “remote” attached). And it isn’t just a technology and tools challenge (though knowing how to use the tools can facilitate your success). The Remote Leadership Certificate Series brings together experts in both of these areas to help you get the results you want.
Remote Leadership is Different and So is This Series
The Remote Leadership Certificate Series is a small group experience delivered remotely just like you lead so that you get the experience, exposure and access to us that you need to be successful. It is 7 online sessions targeted for the skills a remote leader needs, including building a virtual team, leading virtual meetings, presenting effectively over the web, coaching from a distance and much more. You can expect to have direct interaction and feedback with both the instructor and other attendees – ensuring that all your questions are answered and that you make the most of your investment.
Since we specifically limit class size to allow for maximum interaction and learning (you will be one of only ten people participating in the group) you will want to reserve your seat today – and you can do that by clicking on the button below to register.
If you are a leader with people spread across geography and time zones, the skills you will learn in this series will change your leadership life. Join us now to have less stress and frustration, and greater confidence and success in your leadership role.
Why a Certificate?
Leading remotely is the new skill required for you to lead in organizations. Having some proof of your exposure to these critical ideas provides confidence and credibility for yourself and through your organization. If you are thinking of training multiple leaders in your organization, this certificate is a designation of their progress and an indicator of their future success.
Why a Series?
You can’t get all of these wide ranging skills in one session, and we are delivering it remotely because asking you to come to a face to face workshop to learn remote skills makes about as much sense as teaching you to swim in a gymnasium!
Your whole learning experience is part of the learning itself!
The Remote Leadership Certificate Series is designed to provide you with the practical skills to lead remote employees, virtual teams and mobilized work forces. The Series teaches techniques and methods to effectively motivate and manage virtual employees and teams with ease and success.
You’ll learn core leadership skills for the way we really work today including:
- How to recognize and avoid the pitfalls of remote-based teams
- Communication techniques to get and stay connected with employees
- What builds trust in any team and how to accomplish that remotely
- What makes coaching and giving feedback different from a distance – and how you can do both more effectively no matter where you are!
- The do’s and don’ts of virtual meetings and how to make the most of them
- How to prepare and deliver web presentations – using the job aids and planning tools you have
SESSION #2: Maximizing Your Productivity as a Remote Employee OR Writing & Managing Email (This session varies based on the Series date that you choose and will cover one of the following)
Remote Leadership Certificate Series #1704
- October 10, 2017, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET: How Leaders Create and Manage Remote Teams
- October 17, 2017, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET: Writing & Managing Email
- October 24, 2017, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET: Remote Goal Setting and Accountability
- October 31, 2017, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET: Leading Effective Virtual Meetings
- November 7, 2017, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET: Effective Remote Coaching and Feedback
- November 14, 2017, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET: Wrap-up Session
Want to customize your training or interested in just one course? You can learn more about our individual courses here or check out our Custom Training here to find out how you can customize your learning experience.