How Email became Frankenstein’s Monster —
IT’S ALIVE (and taking away our productivity and success)!
For the majority of us who work remotely, a world without email is unthinkable.
Its innovative technology has allowed people in every corner of the globe to connect and share information in ways no one could imagine, and has dramatically changed the way businesses, teams, and individuals interact forever.
Considering it’s used more than any other single communication tool (other than our own voices), it must be incredibly popular, right?
People hate it.
In 2014, there were no fewer than 241 published articles with titles like, The Curse of Email, and Is Email Dead?
Nothing in our current remote workplace culture generates as much complaining and collective misery.
But if email is dead, then why can’t it be stopped?
The War Between You and Your Inbox
Consider these statistics:
- There are 2.9 billion email accounts on the planet.
- Worldwide, there are an estimated 210 billion email messages (personal and work-related) sent each day.
- Approximately 78% of those messages are considered “spam” or unwelcome marketing.
- The average office email account receives 122 emails a day.
- The average email “inbox” contains 125 messages at any given time.
- The top three complaints of office workers, according to multiple studies are:
- The volume of email received at work
- The lack of productivity due to constant interruptions and demands of email
- The amount of time spent on email outside agreed-upon working hours
- The average white-collar worker spends between one-third to one-half of the day in email- related activities.
- 83% of workers say their job would be “impossible” without email, so it’s not like it’s going away any time soon.
So, what happened?
How did the greatest contribution to written human communication since the invention of the telegraph come to be a monster we can’t seem to control?
It doesn’t have to be this way!
–Are you TIRED of drowning in email overload?
–OVERWHELMED by the mountain of inbox messages that seems to grow each second?
–SEEKING an easy, yet effective solution to help you win the war against your email inbox?
Download our new FREE white paper, Stop Email Overload: 3 Simple Steps to Tame the Email Monster.
- Simple, efficient, and valuable techniques for organization email
- How to write clear, concise, and effective emails
- And much more!
Written by Wayne Turmel, co-founder and product line manager of the Remote Leadership Institute, this FREE resource will show you how to tame your email monster using simple, efficient, and valuable techniques to organize and write clear, concise, and effective emails. You’ll soon be on your way to increased productivity and overall success!