Are You Simply “Working from Home”? Or Are You Making a Difference as a Member of a Remote Team?
There is a big difference between working from home and contributing and making a difference as a member of a remote team. And that difference matters to you, to the people you work with (even if you don’t see them every day), and to the organization that pays you.
Maybe remote work was thrust on you – you didn’t expect it or want it. Or maybe you yearned for the chance to eliminate your commute, have more flexibility in your schedule and wear more comfortable clothes while working. Either way, it doesn’t take long to learn that working remotely is different in ways you weren’t expecting or prepared for.
I know, you are probably hanging in there – for the most part, the work is getting done…most days.
Is This What You Expected?
But what about the stress level? Higher than you thought, isn’t it?
What about the uncertainty? You wonder if you are doing the right things, you wonder if the work you are doing is making a difference or not.
What about all the time you thought you would get back in your life? With no commute, you thought this would be great. Why is it that you seem to be working more hours than ever?
You even miss some of the things you used to think of as distractions – like the occasional breakroom chat about the weekend, or the person stopping by your office with their coffee for a chat.
So now you are working from home – but every day you feel a bit more isolated and a bit less connected. Are you worried at all about your place in the pecking order, or the future of the organization or even the future of your role?
Am I Alone?
You may be working alone, but if you are asking yourself any of these questions, having any of these feelings, you are not alone.
It is natural.
While that might be a bit comforting to know you aren’t alone, it doesn’t make you more effective, it doesn’t lower your anxiety and it doesn’t keep you from wondering how you can be more effective with less stress and uncertainty.
It Doesn’t Have to Be this Way!
You can be more effective.
You can have less stress.
You can accomplish more individually.
You can feel more connected and be more confident that you are making a difference in your work.
What Do I Need?
You likely have a small wish list of the things you think might help achieve what we have been talking about, and some of that list, we bet falls on something you want or need someone else do to.
“If they would just…”
“If my boss would just…”
Let’s be clear. You can’t make them do anything. But there are things that you can do that might influence them. And while it would be nice to wave a magic wand and have someone “fix it all”, we know that doesn’t exist and that if we want to make things better for us as a remote worker, part of it belongs to us.
What if you had a tool kit that would help you know what to do – the small tweaks that would start to change your results, make you more confident and reduce your worry and stress? And what if that same toolkit might help you shift the attitudes and behaviors of others too?
If you had that toolkit would you breathe a little easier and would you feel better about today and tomorrow (and the rest of your career)?
A Peek Into Your Remote Work Toolkit
The best toolkits help you keep things separated and neat but have everything you need in one place. When you know which tools to use and when, your toolkit becomes invaluable and you always want it by your side. Imagine the perfect remote working toolkit. It would give you a…
- Big picture view of success – when you have the blueprints, fixing and improving anything is easier.
- Plan so you can be engaged and excited about your wok and how you can contribute to the success of the overall efforts of the team.
- Roadmap for your long-term future – so that remote work is a stepping stone not a stumbling block to your long-term professional goals.
- Set of steps to build more effective, productive and meaningful working relationships with your teammates – even those you don’t see in person.
- Way to work with others remotely, rather than working around or in spite of them.
- Approach for communicating with others while working remotely. And no, email isn’t the full answer!
- Way to build trust, yes build, even when working at a distance.
- Way to give and receive feedback – which is so often missing in a work from home environment.
- Chance to have successful, productive virtual meetings (yes, it is possible) – whether you are leading or participating in them.
- Way to be more connected with the full organization – even when you feel so isolated.
- Picture of what it looks like to be more productive and proactive – for yourself and the full team.
- Plan to feel less alone and more connected – and still have the benefits of working from home.
And what if these tools were designed by world-class craftsmen who have been doing all of this remote work themselves and helping others do it for years?
How Can I Get My Toolkit?
Introducing 12 Weeks to Being a Great Remote Teammate. This is a set of tools to help you move from surviving with your computer at home to being an integral part of a successful team – even when you don’t see those team members everyday (except perhaps on a Zoom call). It is a complete blended learning toolkit that contains:
- Worksheets and assessment that will guide you and that you can use anytime you need support.
- Short, on-demand learning sessions with the experts to help you understand and be able to apply each new skill you are putting into your new toolkit
- Reminders and reinforcements that you can use to help you succeed in real-life remote work.
You Choose the Format: Delivered Weekly or Instant Access to Everything Right Away
This digital learning toolkit was originally designed to be delivered one week at a time for twelve weeks – allowing you to invest 60-75 minutes/per week to build your skills purposefully so that you know and understand each new tool. While you can still learn this way, you can also get immediate and complete access so you can learn about and pick the tools you need when you want them. Some people are even binge-watching the content to build their skills as quickly as possible (hey, it is more productive than another show on Netflix!).
Specifically, you will get:
- A weekly video from Wayne or Kevin introducing the week’s theme
- A 30-minute recorded webinar full of tips and best practices so you can improve in the theme of the week.
- A piece of downloadable written content in PDF format. This might be a relevant article, a checklist, or an assessment.
- If you choose the weekly delivery you will also get – a daily text reminder about important concepts from each week’s theme and a weekly email to help you stay on track and create a habit of learning.
How Do I Get Started?
Because of the massive shift to remote work caused by the COVID-19 shutdown, the need for these skills have never been greater. That is why we have reduced your investment for this toolkit by 75%. For just $99 (perhaps less than you were paying to commute before), you can have all of the ideas, skills, tools and insight to help you thrive now and build skills you will use for the rest of your career.
This is learning without lecture, learning that doesn’t require get in your car or even schedule a specific time like so many of the virtual meetings you have to attend.
The 12-Week Curriculum
Week 1: A Model for Successful Remote Work
Week 2: Being an Engaged Remote Worker
Week 3: Remote Work and Your Future
Week 4: Building Relationships Remotely
Week 5: How to Work with Others Remotely
Week 6: Communicating Remotely
Week 7: Building Trust Remotely
Week 8: Giving and Receiving Feedback
Week 9: Meetings and Your Role
Week 10: The Organization and You
Week 11: The Power of Proactivity
Week 12: Balancing Work and Team Tasks
$399 Just $99!!
We offer volume discounts. Call Marlene @ 317-387-1424, ext. 14 or email Marlene to register multiple remote teammates and to learn about our volume discounts.
Choose Your Format:
Weekly Delivery (1 class delivered each week for 12 weeks)
On-Demand Delivery (All 12 classes delivered immediately after purchase)
*Individual modules are available for just $29 each. Learn more here.
What Others Are Saying About 12 Weeks and The Remote Leadership Institute
“This course is going very well and I am enjoying it. It is very timely to what I am doing at work and some of the themes have related directly to what I have been doing/contemplating on a particular week.”
– Bernard Warren, Kaplan Prep and Achieve
“Wayne simplifies the complex in an engaging way. He uses stories to illustrate the principles he is sharing and takes the time to make sure everyone in the room (virtual or otherwise) has understood.”
– Andrew Calvert
“Educational Administrators of College/ University Off-Campus Programs (with campuses all across their states or regions)can benefit greatly from Kevin’s and Wayne’s work, programs, and ideas. I’m just beginning to see the concept of leading remotely coming into the higher education landscape.”
– Norman Bukwaz, Siena Heights University
“I have been reading the articles published by the Remote Leadership Institute since 2012. I am delighted to say that my leadership skills developed in a remarkable way over the past years and my team members work with me with a high degree of motivation. I learnt and experienced a motivated team gives a good productivity to the organization they work for. I still find great ideas which enhance my managerial skills.”
– Mahinda Panampitiya Edotcogroup
“The materials encourage an ongoing practice of confirming leadership skills and techniques which is a great investment of time and energy to produce meaningful results!”
– Lee Rayzer
“Great input, strong high-level value. Thanks!!!”
– David Ohayon, Technoda
Questions or Need Help?
Call: 317-387-1424, ext. 14