Are you a great remote teammate or just a member of a team?
Telework is growing steadily and there are millions of people around the globe who once worked at a central location every day who find themselves facing an entirely new way of working.
What does it mean to “go to work” when you’re not actually leaving the house?
Working remotely can be a great opportunity. It can also be stressful. For all the independence, control, and ability to work without interruption remote work allows, virtual workers can also feel isolated, frustrated and disengaged.
They often work longer hours and are prone to burnout. They may get more done without the regular interruptions that you might find in a centrally-located office, yet their distance from the employer means they may fall behind when it comes to promotion and career advancement.
Working from home (even part time) can be one of the best perks employers can offer, yet over time those same employees become disengaged and disenchanted as they lack the social interaction and face time that create great working conditions.
12 Weeks to Being a Great Remote Teammate is a 12-week online program that focuses on the primary needs of the remote worker: productivity (getting the work done,) proactivity (the behaviors that stem from being engaged and passionate about your work, your career, and working with your employer and teammates) and possibilities (avoiding tunnel vision and being mindful of the long-term impact of the work on your team, your career and your well-being.)
The program is designed to be a practical guide for both individual workers who want to regain some control over their work, and those inside organizations responsible for the learning strategy and ongoing development of their most important resource, their people.
You’ll learn techniques, best practices, and tools that can help you be a more engaged, productive and valuable part of your organization.
In this one-of-a-kind, 12-week program you’ll learn:
- How to be productive even when working away from everyone else
- How to form long-lasting, effective relationships with your teammates no matter where you work
- How to stay on the career track of your choice even when you’re not in the office regularly
- How to overcome isolation, procrastination, disengagement and other common challenges
- How to change your thinking about remote work forever
Whether you are a manager, an individual contributor, or a contractor, and whether you telework full-time or once a week, this course is for you. Using self-directed assessment tools, recorded webinars, text reminders and more, this fun, engaging, and valuable program will change the way you think about your work forever.
What to Expect During the 12 Week Program
In order to get the most from the program, you will receive prework that will help set you up for success and is important to understanding the material you’ll learn in the coming weeks. Your prework includes:
- A welcome video that introduces you to Wayne & Kevin and breaks down what you can expect during the 12 weeks
- An assessment tool that will focus on your current preparation for, and effectiveness at, remote work
- A DISC assessment that will give you insight into your own workstyle and contains a written report with information specific to remote work you won’t find anywhere else.
Then, for each week after, we will focus on one critical theme to becoming a successful, productive and engaged remote worker.
- A weekly video from Wayne or Kevin introducing the week’s theme
- A 30-minute recorded webinar full of tips and best practices so you can improve in the hem of the week.
- A piece of downloadable written content in PDF format. This might be a relevant article, a checklist, or an assessment.
- A daily text reminder about important concepts from this week’s theme and a weekly email to help you stay on track and create a habit of learning
Altogether, you will be able consume all of the content and complete assignments in just 60 – 75 minutes per week. That’s less than 5 percent of the work week – a powerful investment to help you become more productive, less stressed and build better working relationships.
The 12-Week Curriculum
Week 1: A Model for Successful Remote Work
Week 2: Being an Engaged Remote Worker
Week 3: Remote Work and Your Future
Week 4: Building Relationships Remotely
Week 5: How to Work with Others Remotely
Week 6: Communicating Remotely
Week 7: Building Trust Remotely
Week 8: Giving and Receiving Feedback
Week 9: Meetings and Your Role
Week 10: The Organization and You
Week 11: The Power of Proactivity
Week 12: Balancing Work and Team Tasks
Your investment: $399
We offer volume discounts. Call Marlene @ 317-387-1424, ext. 14 or email Marlene to register multiple remote teammates and to learn about our volume discounts.
What Others Are Saying About the Remote Leadership Institute
“Wayne simplifies the complex in an engaging way. He uses stories to illustrate the principles he is sharing and takes the time to make sure everyone in the room (virtual or otherwise) has understood.”
– Andrew Calvert
“Educational Administrators of College/ University Off-Campus Programs (with campuses all across their states or regions)can benefit greatly from Kevin’s and Wayne’s work, programs, and ideas. I’m just beginning to see the concept of leading remotely coming into the higher education landscape.”
– Norman Bukwaz, Siena Heights University
“I have been reading the articles published by the Remote Leadership Institute since 2012. I am delighted to say that my leadership skills developed in a remarkable way over the past years and my team members work with me with a high degree of motivation. I learnt and experienced a motivated team gives a good productivity to the organization they work for. I still find great ideas which enhance my managerial skills.”
– Mahinda Panampitiya Edotcogroup
“The materials encourage an ongoing practice of confirming leadership skills and techniques which is a great investment of time and energy to produce meaningful results!”
– Lee Rayzer
“Great input, strong high-level value. Thanks!!!”
– David Ohayon, Technoda
Questions or Need Help?
Call: 317-387-1424, ext. 14