Remote Leadership Certificate Series
Format: Online Training/On Demand
Remote Leaders Have Unique Challenges
Leadership is hard … doing it remotely is even harder. And while the principles of effective leadership and team management haven’t changed, maintaining peak performance and keeping employees engaged when separated by miles, time zones and culture is a tall task for any manager or organization. And let’s be honest – leadership of others is already hard enough when they are down the hall or on the shop floor. When you add in the challenges of them being remote, it gets harder – and more stressful.
- How do we communicate successfully?
- How can we make meetings, that are already painful in person, work using technology? (and avoiding the conference call from he#%)
- How do we build the relationships and trust with the team – and help them do that between each other?
- How do we present ideas, change and more at a distance?
- How do we coach and give feedback successfully?
- How do we deal with the unknowns? After all, we can’t see what they are doing, how they are doing it and if they are ever working?
With the Right Skills, You Can Harness the Power of Your Remote Team
From communication…to performance management…to motivation…and more, as a remote leader, you’ve got to be prepared to stay connected, handle meetings and schedules and provide the support your staff expects and needs.
This isn’t just a leadership problem (some organizations are selling remote leadership training that is really just their normal training with the word “remote” attached). And it isn’t just a technology and tools challenge (though knowing how to use the tools can facilitate your success). This program brings together experts in both of these areas to help you get the results you want and consists of the 6 modules including:
Module #1: How Leaders Create and Manage Remote Teams
Module #2: Maximizing Your Productivity as a Remote Employee
Module #3: Remote Goal Setting and Accountability
Module #4: Leading Effective Virtual Meetings
Module #5: Effective Remote Coaching and Feedback
Module #6: Skype for Business for Leaders
You’ll learn core leadership skills for the way we really work today including:
- How to recognize and avoid the pitfalls of remote-based teams
- Communication techniques to get and stay connected with employees
- What builds trust in any team and how to accomplish that remotely
- Tips and best practices for using Skype in your daily work
- What makes coaching and giving feedback different from a distance – and how you can do both more effectively no matter where you are!
- The do’s and don’ts of virtual meetings and how to make the most of them
- Tools and techniques for increasing participation and interaction in your virtual meetings
- Tips for eliminating distractions and improving your focus
- And so much more
This program is delivered virtually using our Members-Only platform so you can log-in and access the materials whenever and wherever you want. It includes six, 90-minute videos, copies of the course visuals and a PDF, re-printable, packet of planning tools and reference material that can be used to help you succeed in your coaching opportunities.